No matter where you live – you need to create your personal at will, will travel ‘hood’ of neighbors.
“Remember that no one succeeds alone. Never walk alone in your future paths.”
You need to organize your coop, strategically, Chickens and because I love you (though I’ve left you hanging on the blog string for a good while now) I am going to (as I always do, Boo) give it to you straight.
These are the peeps you need to keep in your crowd. Ya’heard?!?!
- BFF – Ahhhh…so obvs, right? Someone who’s got your back…front & sides…shared history, similar interests…understanding and acceptance…a total “no-judgement” zone. You decide to take up belly-dancing…full-on…bedlah head-to-toe…she’s by your side shakin’ her tambourine.
- PUCK – It is important to have a ‘neighbor’ who can “puck you” when you need a good “pucking”…a clever, mischievous sprite whose impish grin and playful spontaneity keep you laughing at the silly absurdities of living…Lord! What fools these mortals be!
- MASTER PO – Find yourself a mentor…a wise one who sees the world as you hope to see it, whose grace and agility with nunchucks makes you quake with respect and admiration. Someone to train you in the ways of the world, to help you hear the symphony of grasshoppers at your feet. (AKA-YODA)
- LIFE PARTNER – Whether there’s a ring on it or not…we need more than ❤️ and 💐 … we need trust and intimacy (look it up), Feathered Friends, not to mention someone to wash while we dry…
- B-BUB – As in Beelzebub. Yep. Believe it or not, it’s good to have a ‘frenemy’ or ‘nemesis.’ A little competition keeps us motivated, pushes us to improve, keeps us focused…remember…the tragedy of life, Fine Fowl, is not in failure, but in complacency.
- HAL – (before he goes rogue) We need a voice of honesty and objectivity in our lives. Someone who will, without ill will, tell us when a pair of pants makes us look fat or our chicken a la king tastes more like poultry for puppies. We need someone in our lives who doesn’t care about our love or approval…someone who can tell us those things that are hard to hear, someone who doesn’t care about protecting our feelings or about our fits and pouts.
So…did I miss a neighbor we all need? It’s mid-term…a supa-dupa time to take stock.
If there’s someone I missed…add them to the list by contributing in the comment section above.